Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wedding cake bakers

I've been to Auckland for my nephew's wedding (you can see a photo of the happy couple here).. One of the many nice things about it was the cake. In this picture it's minus its bottom layer - I couldn't get a good shot of it before.


What I liked was the way it kept up the family tradition, only with a nice modern twist. Our mother made the cakes for my wedding (the first one!) and for my sister's wedding. But it was my brother-in-law who made the cake for his son's wedding. He's always made the family Christmas cake, too.
         My nephew takes after his father - he's an excellent cook, and so is his wife. They go in for mini-Master Chef contests at their place. I couldn't help thinking how nice it would be if, in the years ahead, he made the cake for the wedding of his son, or daughter.

      

1 comment:

Deborah said...

My lovely mum made our wedding cake. It made the cake very special for me.